FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TITLE: Executive Assistant with receptionist duties
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant (AE) plays a strong role in ensuring a smooth operation of the Economic Development Office and SXDLP businesses. The Executive Assistant has excellent computer and communication skills including the timely output of meeting minutes. The EA is professional, effective, and provides timely assistance and solutions for administrative requirements and light bookkeeping responsibilities. As a key front-line staff member, the Executive Assistant must have excellent critical-thinking, organizational and people skills as they build relationships, answer calls and welcome visitors. This position will have numerous contacts with a wide variety of organizations, including many levels of government and non-government agencies, business stakeholders, employees, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares for meetings including organizing agendas, notifications, compiling documents and preparing packages for Board members.
- Provides assistance to team members/management for special projects, including conducting research and coordinating reports and documentation.
- Ensures office supplies are well stocked and re-orders supplies regularly.
- Maintains databases and other computerized files, including the hard copy filing system.
- Takes minutes at specific meetings; types and disseminates minutes to appropriate parties.
- Coordinates meetings and/or travel schedules and makes travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and addresses visitors, directs inquiries, provides information, screens calls, sets up appointments, and takes messages as required.
- Performs day-to-day administrative/clerical duties, including filing, photocopying, faxing, processing correspondence, proposals, reports, flyers or newsletters, e-mails, and other documentation.
- Distributes incoming mail and faxes after date stamping and completing mail log; organizes outgoing mail and couriers.
- Maintains the office calendar recording governing body and management meetings, events, and critical deadlines; coordinates boardroom booking system.
- Ensures the general tidiness of the main entrance/reception area.
- Organizes catering (food/beverages) for events or guests as required.
The duties listed are provided as examples of responsibility and are not intended to create limits to responsibility but to help understand the scope of the position. All staff are expected to be team oriented and maintain the customer service standards while working with the organization.
- Post secondary education in business administration, or equivalent education and EA experience.
- Three to five years of administration assistance experience.
The Executive Assistant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Respect for Others – Builds Trust - Interacts sensitively, respectfully and in a non-judgmental manner to develop and maintain co-operative relationships. Models the values of the organization and demonstrates integrity in all actions.
- Accountability – holds self accountable for achieving goals and personal development; delivers on commitments.
- Planning & Organizing – plans and organizes time effectively to meet goals and timetables, visualizing needs for the future.
- Problem-solving – uses critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Quality – sets and attains quality standards that meet or exceed requirements.
- Office environment mainly, with hybrid model of working from home as required: most services are provided immediately; the employee must be aware of the sensitivity, confidentiality and urgency of requests while balancing other work commitments.
- Receives limited supervision with less frequent direction and review of the work performed.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s licence.
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements.
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
DEADLINE: Until filled.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call: 250-305-7293 with any questions.
Application Package Must Include the following:
- Resume – Provide three work related job references.
- Cover Letter - Stating availability to start work.