FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TITLE: SXDC Ltd. / SXD Limited Partnership-Executive Assistant/Receptionist
REPORTS TO: SXDC Ltd. General Manager
Posted April 16, 2021
Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Assistant/Receptionist plays a strong role in ensuring a smooth operation of the Economic Development Office and SXDLP businesses. The Executive Assistant/Receptionist has excellent computer skills and is able to build relationships, answering calls and welcoming visitors. The Executive Assistant/Receptionist also maintains websites, while providing professional, effective and timely assistance and solutions for administrative requirements. As a key front-line staff member, the Executive Assistant/Receptionist must have excellent critical-thinking, organizational and people skills. This position will have numerous contacts with a wide variety of organizations, including government and non-government agencies, levels of government, employees and the general public.
- Post-Secondary education in business administration, or equivalent education and education
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to self-regulate, meet deadlines, have attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage workload
- Exceptional integrity and professionalism
- Strong team player
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet, to the Advanced level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the program)
- Must have strong administrative, organizational and communication skills
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and has an understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Three to five years of administration assistance experience
- Experience building and maintaining websites
- Office environment: most services are provided immediately; the employee must be aware of the sensitivity, confidentiality and urgency of requests while balancing other work commitments
- Receives limited supervision with less frequent direction and review of the work performed
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s licence
Type of Employment:
- 70 hours Bi-weekly
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
DEADLINE: May 15, 2021
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call: 250-305-7293 with any questions.
Application Package Must Include the following:
- Resume – Provide three work related job references.
- Cover Letter - Stating availability to start work.